Saturday, September 24, 2016

Super foods with fiber #1: Chickpeas. Here's a delicious, quick and easy recipe for chickpeas and spinach!

Remember to combine fiber with your carbs to cut calories and stay full!

Here's an example of a super food w fiber -- chickpeas! 1 cup is 35 grams of fiber. Its also a great source of iron for those of you who are iron deficient + is loaded w protein 👍

Here I've made chickpeas with spinach. I use this as a snack, a side dish or as a topping to a salad. I basically eat it anytime I feel hungry to keep me full & its made in <15 mins 😉




STEPS:
-Add 2 teaspoons olive oil into a pan
-Add 6 cloves minced garlic
-Add in 1 cup chopped spinach
-Add 1 can drained and washed chickpeas
-Add in 1 teaspoon cumin
-Add in 1 teaspoon paprika
-Add in 1 teaspoon onion powder
-Add salt and pepper to taste
-Heat & stir occasionally until chickpeas are slightly softened & spinach is wilted

As always... easy & delicious! 
Follow me on Instagram or Twitter @Doctor_Deena for more healthy & easy diet tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment