Sunday, December 25, 2016

Holiday desserts don't have to be unhealthy and high calorie. Check out this healthy recipe for apple crisp made with olive oil and no butter!




What are you all eating for dessert today?


The holidays tend to focus on desserts. Some of my patients don't believe me that desserts can be healthy and delicious, but they can be...I promise! 

I love apple crisp bc it's so comforting. 

I make crisps with any type of fruit, and always choose this over fruit pies for the following reasons:
2) It can be made with less butter and still tastes great
3) Making this sugar-free can still be delicious
4) Its super easy to make
5) Allows me to use olive oil rather than butter to cut out the saturated fats!

Here's my easy recipe for apple crisp. Enjoy!

-Preheat oven to 375 
-In a separate bowl add in:
1/2  cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup steel cut oats
-Drizzle in 2 tablespoons of olive oil 
-With your hands combine the mixture making small clumps (like you would picture at the top of a crumble)

-In another bowl mix in:
4 apples cut into small chunks
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
-Mix well
-Transfer apples to a coated baking dish, and sprinkle with topping mixture 
-Bake for 60 minutes or until golden brown


Enjoy the rest of the holiday season everyone! 
More of my holiday recipes to come <3


Follow me on Instagram & Twitter: @Doctor_Deena 



**PLEASE REMEMBER IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS ABOUT YOUR HEALTH AND/OR BEFORE STARTING OR STOPPING ANY TREATMENT OR ACTING UPON INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE, YOU SHOULD CONTACT YOUR OWN PHYSICIAN OR HEALTH-CARE PROVIDER**


No comments:

Post a Comment