Saturday, December 24, 2016

Happy holidays!! Here's an easy holiday recipe for yummy apple spiced mulled wine AKA the holidays in a cup!!!



Happy holidays everyone!! I hope you are all having a wonderful day with family, friends, or whomever...as long as you have a smile on your face :)

During the holidays I try to reflect on what I am thankful and grateful for. After visiting India recently and spending time with the less fortunate....I keep reminding myself how lucky I am to just have the support of such a loving husband and family. I would really be nothing without them...and I would definitely not be on Instagram or have this blog if it wasn't for my husband <3 He was the one who inspired me to follow my passion for public health outreach and education through social media and the internet. Even if I can help just 1 person out there, its so worth it to me.

For me - no holiday is complete without some good ole mulled wine! I just love it. It's like the holidays in a cup - warm, cozy and yummy!

Here's my secret recipe which I don't share with many, but will share with you!

Apple spiced mulled wine:
1) In a pot combine the following ingredients:
-4 cups of apple cider
-1 bottle of red wine (I like it with Merlot)
-1 cup fresh orange juice
-Zest of one large orange
-2 cinnamon sticks
-4 star annise
-4 cloves
-1/4 cup honey
2) Bring to a boil and then simmer for 15 minutes
3) You can add in an orange slice for garnish too! 

Cheers!! Let me know what you think!

Follow me on Instagram & Twitter: @Doctor_Deena 

**PLEASE REMEMBER IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS ABOUT YOUR HEALTH AND/OR BEFORE STARTING OR STOPPING ANY TREATMENT OR ACTING UPON INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE, YOU SHOULD CONTACT YOUR OWN PHYSICIAN OR HEALTH-CARE PROVIDER**




No comments:

Post a Comment