Sunday, November 27, 2016

Recipe for roasted spicy brussel sprouts - hot, healthy & delicious!

Hi everyone! I hope you all had an amazing thanksgiving weekend. I'm spending the weekend down south with my lovely family. 
I contributed all the vegetable side dishes & will share all those recipes with you over the next few days! 
Unlike my family down south, there's no butter or shortenings in my recipes 😯

Those of you who know me, you know I love to experiment with spices! With so many varieties of vegetables out there, spices allow to make vegetable dishes tasty, creative & unique.

Check out this recipe for spicy brussel sprouts... it was really a crowd pleaser esp. if you want some heat! I use this as a healthy side or main dish.

I 💙 brussel sprouts bc it's low carb,  full of vitamin C and K & fiber.

Here it is:
-Preheat oven to 400
-Cut up 1½ pounds @traderjoesfans fresh brussels sprouts in halves
-Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil
-Drizzle 2 1/2 tablespoons of siracha
-Drizzle 1 tablespoon of  honey (can omit if you just want it spicy!)
-Add fresh lime juice from 1 lime
-Sprinkle on garlic powder
-Sprinkle on black pepper
-Toss to mix up well
-Place flesh side down on a cookie tray
-Roast for 35 minutes or until sprouts are light brown around edges
-Add salt to taste



Please feel free to ask any questions! 
Email me at DoctorDeenaMD@gmail.com or ask/follow me on Twitter/Instagram @Doctor_Deena!



**PLEASE REMEMBER IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS ABOUT YOUR HEALTH AND/OR BEFORE STARTING OR STOPPING ANY TREATMENT OR ACTING UPON INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE, YOU SHOULD CONTACT YOUR OWN PHYSICIAN OR HEALTH-CARE PROVIDER**

No comments:

Post a Comment